YHANGY's Salt baked beetroots, turmeric yoghurt, watercress & pine nut crumbs
2 min read
Feeling fancy and in need of a starter for your at-home date night? Well, perfect timing - the team at YHANGY have curated this special spring recipe just for Pocket, that you can try in the comfort of your own home.
According to Team YHANGRY, no other vegetables scream "Spring" more than beetroots and watercress, so here we go.
Salt baked beetroots, turmeric yoghurt, watercress and pine nuts crumbs
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
500g raw beetroots (1 bunch, even better if different colours)
For the salt crust:
500g plain flour
150g table salt
2 egg whites
30g panko breadcrumbs
30g toasted pine nuts, roughly chopped
5g chopped dill
100ml unsweetened dairy free yogurt
1 tsp turmeric powder
30g water cress
30ml extra virgin olive oil
1. Preheat the oven 160C
2. In a large bowl or using a food processor, mix flour and salt. Add the egg whites, then gradually incorporate the water to have a slightly firm dough resembling a pizza dough.
3. Wash and trim the beetroots.
4. Roll the dough into a 2-3mm thick sheet and use it to wrap each beetroot individually. Place on a baking tray and cook in the oven for 40 minutes or until soft in the center (prick them with a skewer to check)
5. Crack the shell open (the crust is not edible but it looks amazing) and peel the beetroot while still warm. Chill until needed.
6. In a frying pan, add breadcrumbs with a tbsp of oil over low heat. Stir constantly until all golden and tip it in a bow right away or it will burn quickly.
7. Once cold, mix it with pine nuts, dill and a pinch of salt and pepper.
8. In a small bowl, mix turmeric and grated lemon zest. Add one tbsp of lemon juice and one tbsp of yoghurt. Stir until all the lumps are dissolved and incorporate the rest of the yoghurt, season with salt.
9. Blend 20g of watercress with 30ml of olive oil and a pinch of salt for a quick watercress dressing.
10. Splash some turmeric yoghurt on the bottom of a plate, cut the beetroots into wedges or slices and place them on top of the yogurt. Drizzle with watercress dressing and garnish with dressed watercress.
Are you hungry yet? Don't forget to share pictures from your kitchen with us.
This recipe has been curated by YHANGRY, a private chef platform based in London and Greater London. YHANGRY help throw amazing dinner parties at home, affordably.
To know more, follow them on Instagram, or sign up for their newsletter and be the first to know about their new menus, limited edition cuisines, dinner party ideas, and collaborations. Every month, one lucky winner stands to win a free YHANGRY dinner party worth £150.
It has been said that having a morning routine allows you to start the day with control, intention and positivity. Yoga Teacher Sarah Malcolm goes through her daily morning routine and has provided us a simple meditation for beginners.