Bored of your everyday protein bars? Not to worry, Indie Bay has collaborated with us on this unique recipe that includes berries, pretzels, oats and our favourite ingredient - chocolate.
Give the recipe a try and remember to tag us!
Indie Bay Very Berry Pretzel Protein Bars
2 Cups of rolled oats
Handful of almonds chopped up
Bag of Indie Bay Cheeky Dark Choc Pretzel Bites, crushed
Bag of Indie Bay Lightly Salted Thins
Big squeeze of maple syrup
Tbsp of coconut oil
Handful of dried raspberries and blueberries
100g of good quality dark chocolate, melted
Pinch of salt flakes
1. Grab a bowl and mix together oats, almonds, dried raspberries, blueberries and salt.
2. Now it's time for the wet ingredients. Get a cup and pour in the maple syrup and coconut oil. Mix together (this may take some time - you can't hurry perfection)
3. Once it's all evenly mixed, pour over the dry ingredients and gently combine.
4. Pour half of the mixture in a 8 x 8 inch baking pan or equal sized mould.
5. Generously scatter crushed Dark Choc bites all around then pour the remaining mixture on top and flatten to make smooth and even.
6. This is where we kick it up a notch. Pour the melted dark chocolate, and run a knife across the top to make sure it's even.
7. Place the Lightly Salted Thins on the top. You can get creative on this if you wish.
8. Stick the tray in the fridge for 1 hour, or if you really can't wait, pop in the freezer for 20 minutes.
9. The good part: Cut into 2 x 2 inch bars and serve at room temp. Enjoy!
For 15% all Indie Bay snacks, head to their website and use code POCKETSPORT15 at checkout.
Hurray, the holidays are here! Are you in need of an easy but delicious Christmas drink recipe to wow your hard to please extended family? Or maybe you just need a decadent martini to celebrate the special time of year. We all know It’s been a long and hard one, and you deserve it! Well happy days, our friends at Hotel Chocolat have helped us with concocting the perfect White Chocolate Christmas Martini Recipe that is perfect for this festive season. We can’t wait for you to try it!